|Scope & Content||
Light brown staple-bound cloth-covered booklet with printed maple leaf and the words "Monthly Time Book" printed on the front. Written on the front cover are the words "Time Book commencing Nov 1st 1886." On the inside front cover is noted "Given by Mrs. R.M. Craig Orillia."
This is the record of days of work per employee for A. McPherson & Co. at Longford Mills. The quarry employed between a dozen and three dozen men, depending upon the season. The average employee worked 10 hours/day, 6 days per week. This timebook has transcribed hours from the Quarry time book records, and has many additional days and hours noted.
Gives the following names as employees (may include others not noted): Reid, Hogg, Stevens, Johnson, Landell, Appleyard, Goring, Bradley, Dalglish, Tiffin, MaGovern, Channing, Hayward, Williams, Borland, Shoemaker, Riveley, Jones, McKay, McKinnon, Landon, Craig, Fowler, McDonald, Hughes, Amey, Murray, Ruttle, Newburn, Nearn, Monckman, P. Clark's team, Heavener, Adam, Miller, J. Hopkins' team, Heslin, Fowler, Amey, Morrison, Williams, Terryberry, Chrysler ("boy", who appears to have been working at half the wage of a man.. Most of the employee names have at least a first initial or abbreviation of the first name.
|Dates of Creation||November 1, 1886 to April 30, 1887|
|Title||A. McPherson & Co.|
|Collection||Orillia Historical Society now OMAH|
|Lexicon category||8: Communication Artifact|
|Lexicon sub-category||Documentary Artifact|