|Scope & Content||
Light brown staple-bound cloth-covered booklet with adhered cover of another notebook on the front. On the inside front cover is noted "Given by Mrs. R.M. Craig."
This is the record of days of work per employee for the A. McPherson & Co. quarry at Longford Mills. The quarry employed between a dozen and three dozen men, depending upon the season. The average employee worked 10 hours/day, 6 days per week.
Gives the following names as employees (may include others not noted): Stevens, Tiffin, Haywood ?, MaGovern, Jones, McKay, McKinnon, Craig, Newburn, Nearn, Heavener, Adam, Miller, Landell, Murray, McDonald, Heslin, Fowler, Ansey ? or Amey, Lerryberry (Terryberry?), Brownlee, Minster, Cann, Williams, Morrison, Reid, Goring, Jarick, Dunlop, Heslin, Brandon, Hopkins & horse, Shoemaker, Dean, Crowell, Channing ?, Develin, Smith, Bradley, Devlin, Magnum, Galhoun (Gallions?), Kenny, Woods, Cain, Boswell, Lappin, Dougherty, Nailes, Fenton, Devereoo, Montgomery, Ferguson, Orton, McFadden, McEwan, Wigg, York ?, Newman, Joe, McIntyre, Clark, Rank, Chisholm, Furlong, Lester, Gocherin ?, Lockerin, Curran, Hussey, Chrysler, Applebee, Davey, Rayfield, Buckler, Peters, McNulty. Most of the employee names have at least a first initial or abbreviation of the first name.
|Dates of Creation||December 1, 1886 to November 31, 1887|
|Title||A. McPherson & Co.|
|Collection||Orillia Historical Society now OMAH|
|Lexicon category||8: Communication Artifact|
|Lexicon sub-category||Documentary Artifact|