Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 1970.1.30
Object Name Log
Scope & Content Brown staple-bound booklet with interior forms, entitled "Monthly Time Book", which has on the front as notes " Quarry / 1st Jany 1890 / A. McPherson & Co. / Longford Mills / 1890." Inside the front cover is written "Given by Mrs. R.M. Craig." Completed pages document the hours/days of work for the employees and their monthly wages, including W. Fowler, J. Morton, A. McDougall, N. McDonald, N. McPhaden, C. Thorpe, J. Owens, S. Montgomery, Thos. Dillon, John Hess, J. Dauncey, W. Luidon, H. Hogg, Ed. Jones, J. Sanquies, R. Canning, H. Reid, W. Yarrow, F. McGovern, A. Robinson, H. Bradley, D. Thomas, Alf. Dauncey, J. Landon, Leith's Horse, Frank Yarrow, A. Aney, J. Newburn. Other last names include, but are not limited to Owens, Lindon, Landon, Aurey, Reid, Stewart, Hess, Laurin, Sinclair, Williams, Priddle, Tahaney, McLean, Murphy, Sullivan, Hill, Denton, Moffatt, Gunning, Gallivan, Ashman, Campbell, Bradley, Braden, Corrigan, Hawk, Doon, Collis, Watt, Sanders, Ellis, Quail, Gallagher, Sanguines, Riable, Dumond. At the back of the book, under the heading "Sawdust" are the names Tahaney, McPhaden, Murphy, Truax, Sanguines, Bradley, Canning, Sinclair, Hogg and 2 teams of Horse & cart listed.
Catalog type Archive
Dates of Creation January 1890 to March of 1891.
Title A. McPherson & Co.
Collection Orillia Historical Society now OMAH
Lexicon category 8: Communication Artifact
Lexicon sub-category Documentary Artifact